Many drivers assume that when their car has trouble starting, there’s a problem with the battery. While this certainly could be the case, it’s not the only possibility. Old or faulty spark plugs could be the culprit! After all, these small spark plugs have a big job to do. Learn why it’s important to keep this part of your car in great working order and when to change spark plugs by watching for these bad spark plug symptoms:
1. Your check engine light comes on.
2. Your car has trouble starting.
3. You’re filling up the gas tank more often.
4. The engine idles roughly (and you can hear it!).
5. Your car won’t accelerate quickly.
6. Per the manufacturer, it’s time!